Translate

Sunday, August 10, 2014

THE HOMES WHERE I HAVE LIVED


Some people are fortunate to live in the same home all of their lives, comfortable in knowing everything about their community, their friends and neighbors, and sometimes even the house where they were born and have lived all of their life.  These persons are lucky to have had a rich life experience with a deep knowledge of their community at all levels and with friends that go back to their childhood. Others like myself have lived in many communities and countries and have a different life experience, rich in the knowledge of many places and cultures, and with friends from each place where we have lived. I have enjoyed my rich life experience and it has made me the person I am.  But I believe that one life experience is no more preferable than another. Our life just is.
Perhaps at a basic level we don’t even fully choose the life we end up living. Sure we make many conscious choices, directing us this way and that. But our life is still, to a large part, the result of many factors of birth, family, and experience which we had no part in choosing.  So in the end our life just is. And we must live it to the best of our capability and take satisfaction in the years as they pass.

To recall the HOMES WHERE I HAVE LIVED is to recall the life I have lived and the people who have been a part of that experience. May you also enjoy my memories and I encourage you to recall your life and take satisfaction in your memories.
Glen Novinger


No comments: